Friday, July 13, 2007

Non-Gaming Related...

I start my 1st real in-depth Web Development class today. Over the course of 5 weeks of intensive online classes, I should become at least semi-competent in Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLive. Cross your fingers for me. This is the 1st class that I only have a very remedial knowledge about the subject matter. I know a handful of tags for HTML, but Dreamweaver is a whole new beast. :)

Short of the initial anxiety, I'm stoked. If all goes well I should be able to craft my wife a photography website and a new site for our webcomic in just over a month. I can't believe this degree program is going by so fast... that's what you get with accelerated degrees. It's like NeoUComm (sp?) for Web Designers. Hard on the ole brain, but worth the pressure. I'll be done with 3 years of school in a little over one for the same cost.

I'll still owe a buttload back to student loans (the cost of a cheap house), but it will be worth it to work in a field I truly enjoy. I'll be sure to post my dummy sites as I work on them over the next few weeks. What work I can post, anyway.

Have a safe weekend, all. Don't let the man get you down. :)

No comments: