Thursday, July 12, 2007

E3 Brings Me Warm Fuzzies Still...

I know it's a whole other beast than what it once was, but I'll be damned if I wasn't glued to my computer screen for a few hours last night digesting press conferences and watching new game trailers.

I'm not getting my 360 any time soon, but I'm still geeking over the Mass Effect trailer, the RE5 one, and drooling over new screens from Fable 2 because I'm a geek like that. Assassin's Creed looks buggy but still good. Bioshock will be fantastic, I've not got a single doubt left. It almost makes me glad I don't and won't have my 360 this fall... I'd be pulling out hair over what games to buy and what to pass on.

Then there's Nintendo's stuff. As is their new creedo... it's all very different. What more can I say? There's the Balance Board and WiiFit, sure to frustrate and depress self-conscious people across the globe when it drops. Mario Kart Wii looks like Mario Kart... and that's a damn good thing. Metroid looks as good as many 360 games coming out graphically, and the controls really do seem spot on. Super Smash Brothers Brawl drops in December, Mario Galaxy drops in November... it's gaming Nirvana.

No big shockers though, from any company. Sony injected some life into their ailing PS3, with some great trailers, and their price drop. Not to mention a smaller, quicker, better PSP (I doubt it'll help it conquer the DS, but it's a good step in the right direction).

And the event's just started. I can't wait to read and watch reports on all of the MMOs in line to release over the next 6-12 months. I'll say it again... it's a good time to be a gamer.

Now if only something I'm waiting for would come out now... I wouldn't be so bored.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

browsed through the trailers over at your tube and there are some nice games coming out ...

still waiting on my xbox 360 to arrive as well ... lol by the time we get them we will be old and grey. Hmmm damn that already happening ..

One trailer for Aion 'the environment one' looked incredible .. really starting to peak my interest

The Dread Pirate Guy said...

The previews were good, but I don't feel like I've seen that much that I haven't already seen for the last few months.

I've been to a lot of E3s over the last decade. There was always some element of "surprise" to be found at the show. I didn't feel like it was there this year.

And that was disappointing.

The Dread Pirate Guy said...

Oh, I've been hearing the PS3 price-drop is total bunk (need more confirmation, but that's the latest on the sites), and Metroid Prime 3 is gorgeous. I posted a link to some videos on my page. Watch the Samus Space Ship one.