Monday, January 21, 2008

Also stolen from Darren...

When going to check out the new SUWT podcast, I caught wind of this on his site.

Age of Conan is receiving ONE more delay until May 20th of 2008. Citing the ever-popular "polish" as the chief reason, I can't say I blame them. It's overused these days, post-WoW, but if you're going to have a successful launch and in general a successful game, things had better be working damned-near perfection come release day.

I'm willing to bet part of the reason is the recent re-shuffling of classes, as well as the complex city-building, real-time combat system, and mounted combat among other things. It's a lot of new stuff they're trying, and I can't hold it against them for wanting to do it well. Likely want more time for stress-testing in beta, too as the press-release says. Here's the official word from Funcom:
Durham, USA – January 21, 2008 – Funcom announces a new release date for Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. The highly anticipated MMO receives 8 more weeks of development, allowing Funcom to deliver a more polished MMO experience when the game launches on the 20th of May 2008. Despite great feedback on vital aspects like immersion, fun factor and the exciting combat system, the management of Funcom has decided to polish the game even more. Eight weeks of development work is therefore added to stress game systems and polish the game further leading up to launch.
So this means, I'll be "MMO-less" until May 2008? Damn... will AoC's crew let me into their beta soon please? I'm not sure I can take that long of a wait.

No comments: