Friday, April 25, 2008

A Weekend of Busy Business

Age of Conan's open beta (or closed-open, depending on how you look at it) begins next week. Pre-order people can start inputting their war-mammoth enabling headstart keys at the end of next week. It's very likely that the full NDA drop will occur as well towards the weekend.

Yes, Hyborian Adventures are nearly upon us. But that's the last thing on my mind right now.

This weekend, I'm done with school. I'll finish up my second degree in 6 years, and I really hope I nenver have to return to real schooling... unless someone else besides myself wants to pay for it. I've also got the mammoth goal of finishing my "To-Be-Published" work for Ten Ton Hammer. I want to have this stuff done by Monday night because at Midnight on Monday I'll be standing in line at my local Gamestop in order to get my filthy mitts on a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV, and I don't plan on doing anything on the 29th except eat, poop, and play in Liberty City.

Yep, it's a busy weekend ahead. But it could be worth it. It should be worth it. There's no way GTAIV will suck... is there? Of course, there's always the off chance that I could get the game home only to get the RROD when I go to boot it up in my Xbox (knock on wood). I'm pretty sure I'd have a hissy-fit if that happens.

Anyway, there's really no point to this post. Just letting those who care (and those who don't) know that I'll be leaving my computer at work for my computer at home all weekend. Wish me luck, and a lack of hemmroids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a weird assortment of comments:

- Congratulations on getting done with school! I'm totally excited for you. Good luck on whatever exams/assignments you have left.

- I'm still waiting for my preorder key. *grumble* No one who's preordered from a UK-based online retailer has gotten one yet. Gah.

- "Mammoth goal" -- Bwahahahaha! I don't know if the pun was intentional, but I do so love me some puns!

- RROD = main reason I haven't gotten a 360 yet. That, and the fact that I'm more of a PC gamer than a console one.

- Good luck on getting GTA, and happy gaming!