Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Official Launch of LotRO, and Champion it will be...

Today's the day. When the servers come back up (if they're not already at the time of my typing this), Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar will be officially launched. The level cap from Open Beta of 15 will be lifted, and the masses will be allowed to progress once more.

What a glorious day.

I've also (I think) finally decided on a main to take through the game and into the latter stages of LotRO. Sure they're overplayed. Sure they're just killing machines. But I'll be damned if I don't have fun with my Champion, as I reaffirmed to myself last night when I logged in with him for the 1st time in a couple weeks.

So Begud Firestone of the Lonely Mountain, I shall be.

The Champion's just too much fun for me to care about the downsides of the class being overplayed and being a one trick pony. If I ever need a break from him, Forhelm my Captain will be waiting in the wings, no doubt.

My goal tonight is to be logged in by around 6pm, and to turn in all the quests I've been saving for a few weeks, get some rings and necklaces made (Begud likes shiny things), and proceed further into the Bree-Lands quests now that the cap has been raised. First, of course, I'll need to get the Ered Luin stuff I've been holding onto done and that takes priority. I'm sure Bree and the Barrow Downs will be full enough tonight without needing another shaggy dwarf there muddling things up.

If you're playing LotRO, what are your plans now that the launch is finally here?

6 comments:

Keen said...

I'm leveling my Champion with my bro, Graev, and enjoying the scenery. :)

What server are you on Bildo?

Bildo said...

Silverlode, part of the Dreamcatchers Kinship.

Keen said...

OH hey I am too - i think we've never been on at the same time though.. lol :)

Anonymous said...

You just don't recognize him cuz he's a dorf. ;) I'll be playing my hunter, and my captain, and my champion, and my minstrel.. oh and my other hunter.

Keen said...

I smell an altaholic!! :P

Anonymous said...

I want captain to be my main, but I leveled my champion nearly to 17 last night :/ Champs are just more fun, doggonit.