Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Champions Online: C-Store Restocked

Looks like Cryptic's finally put some stuff that's worth buying in the C-Store (their version of microtransactions).  A Ding World has a really good analysis of all the items.  Personally, there are only a few things I can really see myself spending any money on.  The Retcon (respec) seems a bit costly at around $12, and I don't think I need 4 more character slots.  But the costumes?  Yes please.  The beastial cyborg parts, especially the wings, are exactly the kind of things I'd want to use bits and pieces of on a new character.  The Halloween head set is also pretty bitchin' too.  I'd love to make a sort of spook-like hero using the pumpkin or the scarecrow head.

I've not had much time since Saturday to play, but I'm still chugging along at level 18.  I like playing Wolfenstein a lot, but I recently ran out of quests in Millennium City that aren't too high for me, and I've been relegated to Snake Gulch in the Desert.  Most people like that place.  I find it boring and out of character for a superhero MMOG.  It's a little too hokey for my tastes.  But the quests are plentiful and pretty fun.  I'm even working on collecting parts for a robot cowboy pet to tote around with me.

I also downloaded and tried out the Dragon Age Character Creator last night... and I was surprised to see it ran really well on my laptop which only has an onboard nVidia chipset for the GPU.  It's just the creator, I know, but I'm hoping that this means I'll be able to run the final game on my laptop too.  I'd love to be able to take DA:O with me to work for lunch along with Torchlight.

5 comments:

Werit said...

Hey JoBildo, I can't seem to find an email addy for you. Mine is on my page if you want to send me it.

adingworld said...

Snake Gulch is obviously inspired by Westworld, but it does not really evolve the story elements with Mechanon and the VIPER control they have put in.

If you have run out of missions at level 18 (not including the MC missions at 20), then you have missed a few.

Android apps developer said...

I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible, as you gain expertise,refurbished laptops It is extremely helpful for me. would you mind updating your blog with more information?


Android application developer

Android apps developer said...

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

Android apps development

mumtaz said...

nice experience in reading this blog as U present new things always ..I learnt many more things from your blog.
web designing company